Friday, March 6, 2009

Could I really move?

So, Steve's dad owns his own janitorial business in Cut Off, Louisiana called Coastal Janitorial. He makes a crazy amount of money, and offered Steve $80K per year to start, and then taking over the company in 5 years. We could have everything...living close to his family, a close-community to raise kids, have his uncle build our house, fish, eat, go to Saints and Hornets games, go to New Orleans all the time, etc. He likes his job now and makes great money (Liberty Mutual), but I feel like he needs more out of life. I told him that I would have to finish school and apply for a job out there (probably in New Orleans...yikes!). If I got offered a really good job, then that would be our determining factor on if we moved or not. It makes us really sad to think about leaving everything here though! Steve said he would definitely cry (hehe). I know coaching at Aspire is not considered a "real job", but I don't think I'm ready to leave it yet. Even when I start working as a nurse, I still want to coach 2-3 days a week. I want to see the girls achieve their goals and still be in their lives. I know this isn't going to be for another 2 years if it actually happens, but I am already kinda sad that it's a possibility. But I guess you have to do what's right for your family (me and Steve, haha). And it could be fun, right? We had so much fun when we went this December:


My favorite restaurant in New Orleans...mmmm Bourbon Milk Punch! And all the Abita beer flavors!

Steve absolutely loves to fish!
On top of the amazing houseboat during a fishing break (it even stays during hurricanes! and it's nicer than my house!)

Steve's sister Jennifer and her new fiance (they just got engaged) Josh!

This is us outside of Steve's cousin's restaurant that he owns...so good!

Drive-thru daiquiris??? Do I even need another reason to move???

Bourbon Street!

The Superdome!

2 comments:

  1. Okay two words. Hurricane Katrina! Need I say more?! You better not move and leave me!! No, but really..if you move..I bet it would be an awesome adventure for you guys. I would just be sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog! I hated leaving Arizona, but you are right that moving brings a new adventure and you learn to love all the new places and the yummy food that you get to discover.
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete